Anti-bullying, Curriculum - Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:00 - 0 Comments
In the past week all students have had an assembly on cyberbullying and the safe use of the internet. Discussions have then followed in form time in all aspects of internet and social networking safety.
Cyberbullying is the use of ICT, particularly mobile phones and the internet, deliberately to upset someone else.
Some facts relating to use of the internet:
- Gamers spend on average 8 hours weekly playing online.
- Young people sleep 2 to 3 hours less per night than 10 years ago.
- In January 2010, 18 million accounts were registered on Second Life.
- Facebook reports more than 500 million active users.
- Users spend 700 billion minutes on Facebook each month.
- 13 million players of World of Warcraft (WoW), the world’s largest MMORPG.
- MMORPGs generated $1.5 billion in subscription revenues worldwide in 2008, forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2012.
- Up to 250,000 players are simultaneously online on WoW.
- Transactions and sales of virtual goods in virtual worlds were estimated at $18 billion in 2009.
YouTube video linked to the recent presentation:
Do remember the key messages from the assembly about making use of technology.
- Always respect others
- Think before you send
- Treat your password like a toothbrush
- Block the Bully
- Don’t retaliate or reply
- Save the evidence
- Make sure you tell a trusted adult
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...