Sports - Thursday, May 9, 2013 23:45 - 0 Comments
As reported in the Fenland Citizen:
“Cricket is known as the “gentleman’s game” but three female players who have represented England showed teenage girls at Neale-Wade Academy how the sport is open to anyone.
Susie Rowe, Lydia Greenway and Beth Morgan held coaching sessions at the March secondary school for four year groups, showing them cricketing techniques and talking about their time on the England team.
Jenny Lambert, from the Cambridgeshire Cricket Board, was also at the school to talk about cricket locally and where the girls could play if they wanted to take it up.PE teacher Ben Crosbie said they already have some of the older girls who are involved in cricket, including a couple who play at county level, but it was a good opportunity to try and get the younger age group interested in the sport.”
- Sports Academy Fitness Sessions
- RED HOT DAY raises over £500
- Mixed Results From College’s football Teams
- Yr 8 and Yr9 suffer defeat in the National Cup
- New Season of Sports about to begin at Neale-Wade
- Futures Summer School Day 1
- PE Presentation Evening. Photos website link
- Baselayer “skins” for sports students. See Mr Crosbie for a letter.
- Neale Wade Golf Open See Mr Crosbie For a letter
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...