Here 2 Listen
Anti-bullying, Here 2 Listen - Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:19 - 0 Comments
At Neale-Wade we have two student-led groups who support all students. ‘Here to listen’ and ‘Cybermentors’ – please read on to find out more…
H2L (here to listen) is a group of year 11 students that have been trained to help students around college with problems which they feel they can not handle on their own. This service can help out any age group within the school. There are 52 members of H2L and they are willing to give you advice on any problems which you may be experiencing including bullying, friendship problems or just general problems to do with school or home.
H2L Mentors are generally based in particular areas around the school at break and lunch times for example they can be found in the dinner hall, steps 2, around the humanities area, near DT block, around the field and near the music block and outside student reception or just walking around the school.
H2L members can be easily recognised because they all wear little red badges which clearly says H2L. So, if you see a H2L mentor around the school and you feel as if you need to talk to someone about a problem then feel free to talk to them about it, they are very approachable and will never turn their back on you.
However if you do not feel confident enough to talk to a member of H2L face to face then you can always speak to a cyber mentor on line which is just another way of gaining advice.
By Hannah Hearn & Lucy Crofts.
We are Neale-Wade Cyber Mentors. Cyber Mentors work face to face at lunchtimes in ICT 1 and we also work online. We are helping to make a difference in our school and community.
You can have a private chat with one person only, which will be monitored by Beat Bullying UK so it is a safe place to talk. You can look at Neale-Wade student profiles as there are 19 of us here. You do not have to choose Neale-Wade students you can choose anyone on the list. You can look at their profile to find out a bit about who you are talking to or going to talk to.
You can send a quick e-mail which is private to a particular person. If you send an e-mail they should get back to you within 24 hours. A lot of people are on at break and lunchtimes. There is always someone from Beat Bullying on line so you know it’s a completely safe place to be. There are people from all over the world using this site so you are not the only one.
By Anna Chesnaye
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...