Posts Tagged ‘AS-Level’
Main - Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:48 - 3 Comments
Results at Neale-Wade Academy continue to improve with our Year 13 students performing extremely well across the board.
100% pass rates where achieved in 90% of subject areas representing our best ever set of A2 results. 97% of our students achieved 3 A level passes enabling them to access further education at university whilst 100% of students achieved ‘good’ A level passes.
This year saw an improvement at the very highest level with an 8% increase in the number of A* passes which is very pleasing and demonstrates that we have students of the very highest calibre who perform at the peak of national standards.
40% of all A level grades were at grade A or grade B which clearly shows the commitment and hard work of the students and their teachers along with outstanding support from the parents of our pupils.
The vast majority of subject areas did very well but special mention must be made to our English results where we saw 100% pass rates for the English Language & Literature course and 100% pass rate for the English Literature only course at both AS and A2. Whilst all students performed very well in the examinations individual highlights are as follows:
R Maguire A*, A*, A*
D Chappell A*, A*, A, A
J Dando A*, A*, A, C
J Davey A*, A*, B
E Pritchard A*, A, A
J Reeson A*, A, A
A Riley A*, A, B C
Crawford A*, A, B
A Ali A*, A, C
E Day A, A, A
D Teague A, A, B
S Hills A, A, B
S Marshall A, A, B
S Shears A, B, B
Russell Maguire will studying engineering at the highly prestigious Durham University. Whilst both Russell and Digby Chappell are very able students they both worked extremely hard and deserve the success that they achieved. Both young men are Arkwright Scholars and have already been recognised as being in a very elite group who have received sponsorship and work based learning opportunities with some of the most prestigious national engineering organisations.
At AS the picture was similar with 92.5% of students achieving at least 3 ‘good’ passes at either AS or BTEC Level 3 qualifications. This success gives them strong foundations to consolidate their position and achieve excellence at A2 level next year. Ten subject areas achieved 100% pass rate including the English Faculty who once again managed to achieve very high standards with 100% of all grades at the high A-C level.
Individual successes are as follows:
I Mawby A, A, A, A
T Ward A, A, A, C
J Ketteringham A, A, B, B
R Sandman A, A, B, C
J Chapman A, A, C, C
I am delighted with these results as they indicate that the future is very bright for the young people of March and the surrounding villages. We have proven that Neale-Wade students stand up very well against national standards. We have students who are in-line with the very best within the country and it proves that there is no limit to what individuals can achieve through hard work, good teaching and supportive parenting.
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...