Posts Tagged ‘Maths’
Main - Thursday, March 29, 2012 16:09 - 0 Comments
The following letter was sent home with students on 29th March 2012
I am writing to inform you of some changes to the day-to-day procedures at the College.
After the Easter holiday, we will be reverting to horizontal tutor groups as opposed to our current vertical tutor groups. This will mean that your child will now be in a tutor group that consists only of children from the same year group. We have preserved the House system so your child will remain in the same House that they are currently in.
A return to horizontal tutor groups will allow us to develop a Year group identity and, through assemblies, we will be more effective at communicating essential information. There will be a dedicated Progress Leader for each Year group who will monitor the progress of each individual student. We have been able to dedicate two Progress Leaders to Year 10 who will assist in supporting our students with the transition from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4. We have retained the Pastoral Assistants who will work in conjunction with the Progress Leaders to ensure that the pastoral needs of each student are met.
Our current Year 11 students have been reorganised and allocated to rooms that have ICT provision so that they can access My Maths during tutor periods and practise their mathematical skills in preparation for the forthcoming GCSE
examinations. Members of the Mathematics Faculty will also be in attendance at tutor periods in order to assist with revision.
The staffing arrangements for the horizontal tutor system are as follows:
Year 7: Mrs E Harte/Miss C May with Mrs C James
Year 8: Mr T Boyce with Mrs P Talmage
Year 9: Mr A Page with Mrs T Reed
Year 10: Mr N Tuffin + Mr J Treliving with Mrs G Langley + Miss F O’Connor
Year 11: Mrs A Bezzina with Mrs K Shepherd
Year 12/13 Mrs N Lamb with Ms L Danielli
Your child will have already been given the name of their form tutor and the room that they will be based in.
In addition to the tutor group changes, we have also re-instated a tutor period at the start of the College day. Tutor period will now be from 8.55am to 9.15am each day. This will allow us to address any issues at the start of the day so that all students are prepared for study. We will also be able to hold our Year group assemblies at this
time so that the Senior Leadership Team and other staff are able to deliver important messages.
It is envisaged that these changes will enhance provision at the College and enable us to improve the monitoring of student progress.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Easter.
Mr J Wing
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...