Posts Tagged ‘Specialist Status’
Extra-curricular, ICT - Sunday, November 15, 2009 19:18 - 6 Comments
On Tuesday 10th November the ICT & Business faculty took a lucky group of sixth-formers to Adobe UK headquarters. We had a fantastic day with superb support and guidance from Adobe representatives. Special thanks to Liz Wilkins and all her colleagues for making us not only feel extremely welcome but also for sharing such an excellent range of ideas and insights into a major corporation.
We had presentations and discussions that covered the history and ethos of Adobe, current & future technologies, marketing & related strategies, role & importance of social networking, the roles & responsibilities of an IT technician and requirements for the successful 21st century workplace. It was excellent to have just a diverse range of perspective during the day – covering education, employment, utility, marketing, support and business ethos.
Introduction to Adobe – Liz Wikins (Education Marketing Manager, Adobe)
How to get a job in IT – Stuart Rowland (EMEA Talent Acquisition Manager, Adobe)
How businesses use Adobe products – Steve Burnard (Adobe evangelist)
How Tidalwave use technology to deliver engaging marketing campaigns – Huw Paisley (Account Director, Tidalwave)
How do use Social networking to your advantage – Ian Usher (eLearning at Bucks County Council)
What do the IT guys do? – Kevin Green (IT Support, Adobe)
How to succeed in the 21th century – Liz Wilkins
The photos below provide a glimpse of the day. Students will add their thoughts to this blog post too.
- Hereward Concert band – 13th September
- A message from our sponsors
- Neale-Wade Academy bucks the national trend
- Neale-Wade Academy AS and A2 results at all time high
- Collection of exam results
- Photos from Year 11 Prom 2014
- Science roadshow at Burrowmoor
- E-safety and safeguarding assemblies
- French Exchange: Voyage à March, Cambridgshire
- ACES blog January 2014 – Holocaust memorial day
- Veronica Podbury visits Neale Wade
- Well done everyone! This is the stepping stone to the next chapter in your life....
- Excellent results from an excellent year 13. Well done to everyone, special tha...
- A result very much deserved by hardworking students and staff....
- Awesome! Congrats to all staff and students.. you have played your part...
- It's been fantastic to have French Exchange partners with us for the week, a gre...
- Glad that you are dealing with this so well. You are safeguarding the pupils in ...
- Thank you for the way you are dealing with this matter, I have always taught my ...
- Thankyou for updating us on this subject it is obviously a big worry to us all. ...